The best AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4-core, 8-Processor Full review



                                                    The best AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4-core, 8-Processor Full review
The best AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4-core, 8-Processor Full review











The best AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4-core, 8-Processor Full review


PROS
Inexpensive four-core engine for a budget PC.
Supports multithreading.
Strong CPU-integrated graphics.
Decent bundled cooler.
Works with inexpensive AM4 motherboards (that have a current BIOS).

CONS
Lags on some single-threaded workflows.
Cheap compatible AM4 motherboards may require a BIOS update.



 today I am super excited because I finally got my hands on the new AMD APU and in this video we're gonna be testing out the all-new Rison 530 400 G if you're a regular viewer of the channel you know I absolutely love these AMD APU s I've done a lot of reviews on the 2200 and the 2400 G that was the last gen ap use and now we finally have the 3400 G but it's not what I expected them to release in all actuality what we have here is a refresh of the 2400 G it's using a smaller diet 12 nanometer it has the AMD Zen + architecture 


but basically it's a 2400 G with a higher base clock a higher boost clock and a higher GPU clock right out of the box the new 3400 G is priced  and inside of the box we actually get a much better cooler for the 3400 over the 24 the last gen 22 and 2400 came with the Wraith stealth we're now getting the Wraith spire with the 3400 G but if you buy the 3200 G you're still gonna get the stealth with it budget apu the specs are actually pretty impressive four cores eight threads base clock 3.7 gigahertz with a boost clock of 4.2 built in radian rxt 

vega 11 graphics at 1400 megahertz and a TDP of 65 watts so it kept the same TDP as the old 2400 g but they've upped the base clock the boost clock and the GPU clock right out of the box so in this review i wanted to do some testing with 3400 g mainly pc game testing for this review here I've also thrown in some benchmarks but I do have several more reviews coming up like a dedicated emulation video for the 32 and 34 hundred plus I have a super small form factor build video coming up so definitely stay tuned to the channel if you're interested in seeing this 

so with all the testing I'm doing today I wanted to give you the specs of what I'm running here we have that rise in 530 400 G a gigabyte be 450 MDS 3h motherboard 16 gigabytes of ddr4 at 3200 megahertz and it's running in dual channel mode a 500 gigabyte crucial MX 300 SSD and a 500 watt power supply and I'm gonna be running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit alright so let's get right into it I do want to mention before we get started here that I have not overclocked at 3400 G whatsoever on the CPU or the GPU side I plan on making a review later on down the road so 

we can get a little better performance out of this but I did want to show you the specs real quick 3400 G base clock 3.7 boost of 4.2 16 gigabytes of ddr4 32 hundred megahertz Ram and the Vega 11 graphics now these are clocked at 1400 megahertz up from 1250 on the 2400 G and speaking of the 2400 G I will be comparing most of these benchmarks with the 2400 G along with some other CPUs so the first thing I did was open up 3dmark and run a QuickTime spy on the 3400 G total score was 1330 GPU 1191 in CPU 39 77 as you can see we're up from the 2400 

G but not by that much I mean really it isn't that much of a difference here and the 2400 G can be overclocked to match the clocks of the 3400 G the out-of-the-box clocks of the 3400 G I'm pretty sure we got some Headroom on this new 34 so I will be doing an overclocking video to see what we can really get out of this thing next up Geekbench 4 and this was actually a little surprising to me I know we have higher boost clocks on the 3400 G but I wasn't expecting to score this much higher in the multi-core section and we even gained a decent amount in the 

single core performance on the 3400 G over the 2400 in Cinebench r15 the 3400 scored in 834 now this is all multi-core here the 2400 G 1818 the 2200 g5 66 and the i3 8100 at 568 and again in the past I've overclocked the 2400 G and I've scored higher than the stock clocks on the 3400 G but we've yet to overclock this one also and finally a quick blender render test now this is all on CPU we're not using the GPU for any of this the 3400 G did the BMW benchmark in 2 minutes and 20 seconds 24 it did it in 2 minutes and 30 seconds 2200 G 3 minutes and 29 and 

the I 380 103 minutes and 10 so we had a 10 second difference between the 34 and the 24 and this is all attributed to those higher boost clocks so let's get right into some game testing first up we have GTA 5 still one of my favorite games of all time 1080p normal settings no MSAA averaging on the 3400 g56 FPS on the 2400 g 55 with the same settings and keep in mind your results may vary from these that I have here but I've recently tested the 2400 G with all the games you're about to see and we only gain one FPS in GTA 5 project cars 2 is a little different 

the 2400 G average 38 FPS 1080p medium settings no MSAA the 3400 Jeep 43 fps here we have doom 1080p medium settings using the Vulcan back in the 2400 G average 48 fps the 3400 G 52 taking some of the settings down to low in this game with a 3400 G I was averaging 64 fps so we got a really nice playable frame right here cs:go 1080p medium settings I am playing with bots here on the 2400 G 108 FPS average on the 3400 123 so he got a nice little booster rocket ly 1080p on the performance setting 3400 g82 FPS on average 2400 G 74 fps and finally for the 

gameplay test we have Skyrim special edition 1080p medium settings I was expecting this to do a little better but on average with the 3400 G we're getting 36 fps with the 24 I was getting 32 Forza horizon for low settings 1080p average FPS on the 3400 was 53 on the 24 46 so far I've tested around nine or ten games and here's the results for the rest , another thing I like to do with these ap use is test the total system power draw from the wall I'm using a watt Oh meter an idle 37.9 on average gaming one nineteen point six in my extreme test which consists 

of running time spy and Cinebench at the same exact time one hundred and fifty seven point two watts so this thing can get up there but this is a very extreme test and most people won't be hitting this so in the end the risin 530 400 G is a bit of an upgrade over the 2400 G but really not by much out of the box with some overclocking we can achieve much better performance with the 3400 G and like I mention if you want to match the out-of-the-box performance of the 
3400 G with your 24 just do some overclocking with it so that's pretty much it for this review. 



The best AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4-core, 8-Processor Full review



The risin 3400series chips it's no surprise that a lot of reviewers are focusing on the top-end offerings however today I wanted to give you my first impressions on this the newly released risin 530 400 G a chip that is essentially a Zen + refresh of the previous 2400 G so let's get straight into it and see what it can do in a couple of CPU based tasks and of course some games as well so the 3400 G is a quad-core apu and just like the 2400 before it it features onboard Vega at 11 graphics that's right no need for a discrete GPU here 

 the initial out-of-the-box difference you'll notice if you're in the previous chip is that this one comes with a wraith spire cooler as opposed to the slightly more audible yet still very capable wraith stealth option a very welcome change in my book beyond the aesthetics and here is how the 3400 G differs from the 2400 G in terms of specs while this isn't exactly an overwhelming redesign we are getting a slightly higher clock speed and boost clock up to 4.2 gigahertz from 3.9 and the Vega graphics are also running faster 1400 megahertz up from 1250 aside from that 

the core count is the same the cache is the same and the 65 watt TDP hasn't changed either which is good because it means that this new CPU retains its appeal to those who might want to build a low-power HTPC or gaming rig something that the 2400 G has proved itself useful for in the past and continues to do so so let's run a couple of CPU intensive tasks to begin with kicking things off with Cinebench r15 I'm using an asrock be 350 pro 4 and 16 gigs of 

overclocked 32 hundred megahertz ddr4 in dual channel mode of course I will say immediately that I did notice a dull buzzing sound as the CPU fan got faster maybe it's just wearing itself in you know like brake pads on a car either way it's annoying and hopefully not a common or prolonged issue now I'm not going to lie to you guys I sold much 2,400 G a while back but I do still have a couple of results from the fraps tests stored on my computer so we'll get to that 

when I test the first few games in order to make a comparison though bear in mind some of these games may have had updates since then that might affect performance so I'll be doing a new comparison between this apu and the other risin AP use very soon if that's something you want to see first of all though if we check out the Cinebench r15 score here you'll see that it slightly outperforms the i7 4770k below that we've got a couple of other i7s arisin v 1400 and 

the i3 9100 F trailing at the rear as well I think this is a pretty impressive result and from what I remember this is about 20 or 30 points ahead of the rise in 520 400 G please don't quote me on that but I seem to recall that scoring about eight hundred and twenty if we move on to the single core test then this thing sits between the i3 90 100 °f and the i5 46 70k a slightly older yet still very capable chip I think that's a decent result and again you're probably looking at a few points more than the Rison 520 400 G now because I'm in the middle of upgrading my PC I let 

my 1070 go the other day so it seems that I had to render this entire video using the 3400 G running something like Premiere Pro is still doable I think in comparison to the Eldar 2400 G so you're rendering a thirty-second 1080p 60fps clip then the Rison 3400 G is going to be a few seconds quicker but shall we move on to the games now the first few results here I am able to compare to the older 2400 G as I have some scores still on my computer but as I say there may 

have been a couple of updates since then so I will be doing another comparison with updated results very soon now with the 3400 G nothing but the integrated Vega 11 graphics I was able to achieve an average of 67 frames per second at 1080 P in Gran theft auto 5 I think this is a very impressive result especially when you look at those 1% and point 1% figures as well 51 and 47 indicates very little to no stutter whatsoever and you should feel free to turn those settings up to high in order to maintain a solid 30 FPS the reason I stuck with normal here was to try and hit 60 something I wasn't exactly expecting to be doable and as you can see the result was pretty good now from what I have here it seems that the 2400 G averaged around 63 where that 

difference does make a nice well difference though is in games where you may be hovering on that line of playability and otherwise for example if with a 2400 G in this game you're achieving 28 FPS because you've cranked all the settings right up using a 3400 G will probably push you over that 30 FPS limit no cranking the settings up isn't something I'd recommend doing again at 1080p I ran a full night here with the medium preset nothing else was changed and we saw 55 frames per second on average again a pretty impressive result if you want a solid 60 turn a few 

things down to low but I think this was a pretty decent experience the one percent and point one percent loads came back as 38 and 19 respectively so there were a few stutters here and there most of which occurred when jumping out of the bus at the beginning of the game and after that thing sort of smoothed out a little bit now compared to the 2400 G that averaged 46 FPS with similar settings so it's a nice improvement with this chip in this game but that result will of course differ from title to title now in play unknowns battlegrounds as expected we had 

to turn things down to very low but we did average 48 frames per second which I think was quite impressive for this apu at full HD resolution especially when you consider that the 2400 G as I remember averaged around 35 to 36 so there is a nice improvement with this chip here again please don't take these results too actually because I will have an updated comparison coming soon and but these are the results that I have stored on my PC from the last time I tested out the 2400 G now if we move on to some of the games that I don't believe I've 

previously tested with my rising 520 400 G this is all new territory for the 3400 here and let's kick things off with battlefield 5 a mixture of low and medium settings once again at full HD gave us an average of around 36 FPS during this tank level I think that's a pretty impressive result once again this is a pretty intensive level during this game so for the AP you to be able to handle it with at least 30 frames per second I think that's a pretty good result and if you want something that's going to be able to run these triple-a titles without much of an outlay in terms of budget then this seems like a fairly decent choice especially if you want to build something 

brand new as you've probably seen throughout the Vega 11 graphics are maxing out at 100% usage they are in fact holding the CPU back fallout 4 is slightly older I believe it was released in 2016 but with the medium settings at 1080p were averaging 40 frames per second here I was just running around Concord a pretty demanding area in the game and we saw a few frame jobs here and there but nothing major you're getting pretty decent quality graphics here and relatively okay performance I believe the consoles running at 30 frames per second for 

reference the graphics will probably look slightly better but remember this is a component that I'm sure will drop a little bit in price over the next few months as well or at least its predecessor certainly will now rage 2 was the only game I couldn't get to run with at least 30 frames per second at 1080p but once I turned things down to 900 P and used the low preset we were seeing 38 frames per second on average now I've been having a lot of fun with rage 2 recently and the open world has been quite fun to explore and I'm glad to see that it runs on this apu quite well - it's really nice to see a huge improvement over some of AMD's older 

IBUs that we've seen over the years for this to be able to have these mantra play titles really is quite impressive but then again so was the aforementioned 2,400 only 2200 considering this is sort of the replacement I certainly thought it was worth checking out because you'll probably see this used a lot in budget builds the horizon 530 400 G is it worth it well launching it seems to be a pretty good option as I say for those wanting to build an htpc or very entry-level and well-priced gaming rig you have to remember though that with the release of 

this the 2400 G has dropped to  here on Amazon UK a cheaper I think if you're going to opt for a rise in APU the 3500 G is the one to get if you are watching your money a little bit more you want to save a tiny bit then the 2400 G should still be a very good option as well it will perform similar even today and of course if you overclock it a little bit providing you have a suitable motherboard then it shouldn't be hard to get close to this performance or maybe even outdo it that's something I'll have to investigate but looking at this on its own a computer component here then I think it's a pretty 

decent choice don't know what was up with my fan it's still making an odd buzzing noise I hope this isn't a general thing because it never happened with the Wraith stealth caller that was packaged with the 2400 G but hopefully I've just been unlucky I did purchased this this wasn't sent to me so who knows with all that said and done thank you so much .





Learn more about Ryzen 5 3400G

ModelBrandAMDProcessors TypeDesktopSeriesRyzen 5 3rd GenNameRyzen 5 3400GModelYD3400C5FHBOX
DetailsCPU Socket TypeSocket AM4# of CoresQuad-Core# of Threads8Operating Frequency3.7 GHzMax Turbo Frequency4.2 GHzL1 Cache384KBL2 Cache2MBL3 Cache4MBManufacturing Tech12nmMemory TypesDDR4 2933Memory Channel2Integrated GraphicsRadeon RX Vega 11 GraphicsGraphics Base Frequency1400 MHzPCI Express Revision3.0Max Number of PCI Express Lanes8Thermal Design Power65WCooling DeviceHeatsink and fan included
GroupOptionsRyzen 5 3400GCooling DevicesAir Cooler.



The best AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4-core, 8-Processor Full review

To find out more from Amazon link below






Post a Comment